Monday, May 3, 2021

May 4 2021 - THE PROMISE



Day 124 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: 1 Kings 8,9 Luke 23:39-56)

THE PROMISE

One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:39-43 ESV) 

You and I receive many promises in life, but none is more important to us personally than the promise we read in today’s scripture. Because died in your place, paying for all of your sins, you will one day receive the same promise Jesus gave the second criminal, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

Because you believe that Jesus died and rose for you, the best is yet to come. Heaven is yours for sure! Jesus promises!

Jesus, pitying the sighs
Of the thief, who near you dies,
Promising him paradise:
Hear us, holy Jesus.  (LSB 447)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for taking my place on the cross, forgiving my sins, and promising me heaven. Please keep me faithful so that I will be blessed with paradise on my last day. Amen. 
Pastor David Paape

Recording of St. Paul’s May 2, 2021 Sunday Worship Service:



IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment