Friday, May 21, 2021

May 22, 2021 - TRUE DISCIPLES



Day 142 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: I Chron. 6,7 John 8:21-36)
 
TRUE DISCIPLES

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32 ESV)

Jesus came to this earth to free sinners like you and me from the eternal consequences of our sin and from the power of the devil.

This means everything to us for the devil wants to take us captive with his fake promises... wealth, power, prestige, even health.  None of these can even come close to freeing us.

However, the message of Christ’s cross, His death and resurrection offer eternal freedom to all who believe. So...

Abide in His Word ... read, mark, learn and inwardly digest the Word of God.
Know (trust in) His truth.
Celebrate your freedom in Christ! 

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for freeing me from my enemies of sin, death and the devil. Please give me the desire to remain in Your Word. In Your saving name. Amen.
Pastor David Paape
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment