Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - MAY THE LORD DIRECT YOU IN HIS WAY


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - Day 242  - (Today’s Bible readings: Esther 7; Psalm 59; 1 Thessalonians 3:6 -13)
MAY THE LORD DIRECT YOU IN HIS WAY
“Now may ... the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all.” (1 Thessalonians 3:12 ESV) 

Jesus says that He is the way, the truth and the life. So, what is His way? His way is the way of the cross, the way of sacrificial love. Paul is encouraging us to follow the loving way of our Savior: “increase and abound in love for one another and for all.”

The hymn writer expanded on Christ’s way of love when he wrote:

Love in Christ is strong and living, 
Binding faithful hearts in one;
Love in Christ is true and giving, 
May His will in us be done.
(Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #706 stanza 1) 

Lord Jesus, thank You for Your sacrificial love. Please bless me with greater love for You and for others. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

No comments:

Post a Comment