Thursday, September 21, 2023

Friday, September 22, 2023 - IS CHANGE COMING?

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Friday, September 22, 2023 - Day 265  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezekiel 20; Psalm 81; Titus 1:1-16)

IS CHANGE COMING? Medium

“Things shall not remain as they are.” (Ezekiel 21:26 ESV)

Fall is such a beautiful time of year in Wisconsin. And then we have Ezekiel! There isn’t much that could be described as beautiful here.

“Behold, the princes of Israel in you, every one according to his power, have been bent on shedding blood. Father and mother are treated with contempt in you; the sojourner suffers extortion in your midst; the fatherless and the widow are wronged in you. You have despised my holy things and profaned my Sabbaths. There are men in you who slander to shed blood... they commit lewdness in your midst. Men violate women... In you they take bribes to shed blood; you take interest and profit and make gain of your neighbors by extortion; but me you have forgotten, declares the Lord God.” (Ezekiel 22:6-12 ESV)

Because His people had forgotten God, they are about to face horrendous change. The throne of David is about to be vacated until his ultimate Descendant (Jesus) arrives.  Great change is coming for this nation.

Many of us look at America with sadness over how our values have changed. Furthermore, the threat of radical Islam, an anti-Christian disposition, and a flood of illegal immigrants, make us very apprehensive about the future and the possibility of even greater negative changes. These are scary times. Yet we are richly blessed by the Lord. 

We are all sinners who deserve to be separated from God forever. Thank God things will not remain as they are for us. Jesus has taken our sins upon Himself and we are heaven-bound!

Lord God, please have mercy on me and spare me from the punishment I deserve.  Please lead America to return to our Christian roots so that our nation can be a blessing to our citizens and the world. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for speaking up about these troubling issues!

    ReplyDelete