Friday, September 29, 2023

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - GOD MADE EVERYTHING


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - Day 273  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezekiel 28; Psalm 89; Hebrews 3:1-11)

GOD MADE EVERYTHING

“For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.” (Hebrews 3:4 ESV) 

When it comes to the origin of the world, many Bible doubters say that God didn’t create the world by the power of His word. However, we do believe what the Bible has to say: 

“The builder of all things is God.” 

“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”   (Genesis 1:1)

“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” (Psalm 139:13-14)

“For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.” (Hebrews 3:4)

“For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20)

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27)

“Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” (Psalm 124:8)

We Christians take great comfort in the fact that we are not the result of random happenstance. Instead, we are part of God’s plan.

   Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!
   O my soul, praise him, for he is your health and salvation!
   Let all who hear Now to his temple draw near,
   Joining in glad adoration!
  “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty” Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006 #790 (1)

Lord Jesus, thank You for creating the world and everything and everyone in it. Help me to always remember that You, the King of creation, are in charge of everything, including my life. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

"See" in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape 

No comments:

Post a Comment