Monday, September 18, 2023

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - TEACHING CHILDREN


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - Day 262  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezekiel 17; Psalm 78:36-72; 2 Timothy 3:10-17)

TEACHING CHILDREN

I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings from of old, things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done. (Psalm 78:2-4 ESV)

If we don’t teach our children to believe in Jesus, the world will teach them not to. Let us not fall down on the job and fail to teach children the things of God. This children’s song says it well...

Let me learn of Jesus; He is kind to me;
Once He died to save me, nailed upon the tree.

When I go to Jesus, He will hear me pray,
Make me pure and holy, take my sins away.

Let me think of Jesus; He is full of love,
Looking down upon me from His throne above.

If I trust in Jesus, if I do His will,
Then I shall be happy, safe from every ill.

Oh, how good is Jesus! May He hold my hand
And at last receive me to a better land. 
(Let Me Learn of Jesus, All God’s People Sing CPH #156)

Almighty God, please bless children with truth of You love and mercy in sending Jesus to be the Savior of all and any who repent and believe. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape 

No comments:

Post a Comment