Friday, September 22, 2023

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - DECLARE THESE THINGS


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - Day 266  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezekiel 21; Psalm 82; Titus 2:1-15)

DECLARE THESE THINGS

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people . . . Declare these things.” (Titus 2:11 & 15 ESV)

This short book contains Paul’s instruction for pastors, however, there is much that all of God’s people can learn from his words.

Chapter 2 verse 11 contains the heart of our faith. Our merciful and gracious God appeared in the person of Jesus whose death on the cross provides salvation to all. This is the main message God tells all of us to declare. 

There is hope for sinners like you and me. And this hope is available to anyone who believes that Jesus died for them. Now that is really good news! May the Lord bless us as we declare His story all who will listen.

  Salvation unto us has come
  By God’s free grace and favor;
  Good works cannot avert our doom,
  They help and save us never.
  Faith looks to Jesus Christ alone,
  Who did for all the world atone;
  He is our one Redeemer.
  ("Salvation unto Us Has Come,” Lutheran Service Book #555)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for bringing salvation to the whole world. Please use me to help declare Your story in my everyday life.  Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment