Saturday, May 25, 2024

Sunday, May 26, 2024 - THE HOLY TRINITY

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Sunday, May 26, 2024 - Day 147 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: I Chron. 20-22 John 10:22-42)

THE HOLY TRINITY

So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”. (Acts 1:6-8 ESV)

Today is Trinity Sunday, the day in the church year when we emphasize the mystery of the Triune God. The triangle-shaped diagram attempts to explain how God can be three persons, “Father, Son and Holy Spirit” and still one.

In Acts 1, we notice the presence of all three persons in the Trinity.

Jesus is speaking. “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you.”

He then goes on to tell us that we will be His witnesses. We are to witness to the truth that the one, true God is...

   God the Father who created us,

   God the Son who redeemed us,

   God the Holy Spirit who sanctifies us.

In the words of today’s Prayer of the Day, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, One in Three and Three in One, accept our praise for gifting us with Your creation, redemption, and sanctification. And as usual, THY WILL BE DONE. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment