Thursday, April 18, 2024

Friday, April 19, 2024 - LOSERS KEEPERS

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Friday, April 19, 2024 - Day 110 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: 1 Samuel 30,31; Luke 17:20-37)

LOSERS KEEPERS 

“Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.” (Luke 17:33 ESV)

“Finders keepers, losers weepers,” is the selfish response when someone finds something lost by someone else. For followers of Jesus, it is just the opposite. Those who try to find (preserve) their lives are losers, while those who lose their lives for Jesus, are winners.

The key is putting Jesus first by

   ● trusting Him,
   ● repenting of our sins, and
   ● serving Him as we help others.

When we live for ourselves, ignoring God, we risk losing everything. When we live for God, we win everything.

Those who die without Christ, are eternal losers. Those who die trusting in Christ for forgiveness are eternal winners

   1. I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, Trusting only Thee;
Trusting Thee for full salvation, Great and free.

   2. I am trusting Thee for pardon; At Thy feet I bow,
For Thy grace and tender mercy Trusting now.

   3. I am trusting Thee for cleansing In the crimson flood;
Trusting Thee to make me holy By Thy blood.

   4. I am trusting Thee to guide me; Thou alone shalt lead,
Ev'ry day and hour supplying All my need.

   5. I am trusting Thee for power; Thine can never fail.
Words which Thou Thyself shalt give me Must prevail.

   6. I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, Never let me fall.
I am trusting Thee forever And for all.
(“I Am Trusting Thee, Lord Jesus” LSB #729)

Heavenly Father, thank You for making me a winner by giving me saving faith in Christ Jesus. Please use me today to share my victory with others. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment