Monday, April 15, 2024

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - SPUR ON ONE ANOTHER IN LOVE

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - Day 107 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: 1 Samuel 22-24; Luke 16:1-18)

SPUR ON ONE ANOTHER IN LOVE

“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good works.”   (Hebrews 10:24 NIV)

We have celebrated the resurrection of Jesus and the fact that God has made us His own. Now in Hebrews 10 our attention is drawn to encouraging fellow Christians in responding to all that Christ has done for us. 

“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good works.” :

We’re all in this together. We need each another.

Be kind, not rude.

Be aware of one another’s hot buttons and don’t push them.

Chose not to get upset with ideas that differ from yours.

Build up one another often.

Be open to suggestions. Realize that positive criticism can really help you grow.

Look for the good in living for God with those around you. 

Have fun serving together.

Don’t take yourself too seriously.

Do take your relationship with others, especially fellow Christians, seriously.

Spur one another on in serving the Lord together.

Lord Jesus, thank You for dying for me so that I can live with You forever. Please use me to spur other Christians around me to good works for You. I especially ask You to help me to not take myself too seriously by putting the feelings of others ahead of my own. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

1 comment:

  1. your posts are always thought provoking and informative. Today's put all that we as Christians should follow into thought provoking language that provide guidelines for living

    ReplyDelete