Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - GOD CHOSE YOU


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - Day 109 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: 1 Samuel 27-29; Luke 17:1-19)

GOD CHOSE YOU

“See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.” (1 John 3:1 ESV)

God loves us so much that He has chosen to call us His children. Isn’t that wonderful? Really! It is wonderful. The wonder is that He chooses you and me to be His. We certainly do not deserve it, do we? 

Every day we blow it. We refuse to obey His command to be perfect. We choose to sin. We choose to disobey. And what does He do? He still chooses us!

God has done it all for us. We can’t contribute anything to our salvation. He sent His one and only Son to die in payment for our sin-filled lives. He adopted us into His family through our baptisms. He feeds our souls with His Word and with the body and blood of Jesus. He forgives our sins and promises us a room in His eternal house.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for choosing me. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for making me Your child. Please open my eyes for opportunities today to let someone else know that You want to do the same for them. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment