Monday, July 4, 2016

July 5, 2016 - FAITH AND OBEDIENCE


Day 187 - 2 Kings Tuesday (1-5)

“So he (Naaman) went down and dipped himself seven times in the Jordan, according to the word of the man of God (Elisha), and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.” (2 Kings 5:14 ESV)

In this account of a miraculous healing performed by almighty God through His spokesman Elisha, we find several examples of faith. First we encounter the Israelite servant girl whose faith in her God showed when she encouraged Naaman to seek out the great prophet of God.  Next we hear Elisha’s faithful words as he directed Naaman to wash in the Jordan River seven times. Finally we witness Naaman’s faith as he, after a little coaching, trusts God enough to follow His prescription.

How do you do when faced with God’s improbable directions for life in His family? Faithfulness and obedience would be the wise answer!

Above all, faithfully obey these words of Jesus: 

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life.”  (John 5:24 ESV)

Lord God, help me to trust You and Your provision for my life today and Your plan for my eternal life. I ask this in the name of my Savior, Jesus. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment