Saturday, October 15, 2016

October 16, 2016 - PEACE WHEN THERE IS NO PEACE


Day 290 - Hebrews Sunday (chapters 11-13)

“Precisely because they have misled my people, saying, ‘Peace,’ when there is no peace...” (Hebrews 13:10 ESV)

Ezekiel is warning God’s people against false prophets who proclaim peace when there is no peace. 

The truth is precisely the way C.S. Lewis put it: “God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.”

“No Jesus, no peace. Know Jesus, know peace.”

Jesus offers real peace to all who trust in Him:
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” (John 14:27 ESV)

Lord Jesus, please fill me with Your everlasting peace that comes from trusting You for forgiveness and everything. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment