Thursday, October 20, 2016

October 21, 2016 - TAKE REFUGE IN THE LORD


Day 295 - Nahum Friday (entire book)

“The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.” (Nahum 1:7 ESV)

Do any of us need a refuge from trouble? The answer is yes, because...

We are fearful of more terrorist attacks. 
We are coming to the end of another nasty political season. 
We wonder about our financial security.
The persecution Christians around the world, including here in America, is troubling.
The destruction of God’s plan for marriage and the family fills us with sadness and a sense of foreboding.
Individuals know trouble that comes in health difficulties and interpersonal relationships.

In a world that can be so bad, what comfort to know that the Lord is so good. When we take our refuge in Him, He assures us that He knows us. 

Jesus put it this way: “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.” (John 10:14-15 ESV)

Good Lord, thank You for being my stronghold in days of trouble and for knowing me as Your own. Lord Jesus, my Good Shepherd, thank You for laying Your life down for me on Calvary’s cross. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment