Sunday, June 11, 2017

June 12, 2017 - BLESSED BY THE LORD FOR 40 YEARS

Day 163 - Ezra 1-2 & John 19:23-42

For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God. (1 Thessalonians 3:9 ESV)

This was a special morning at St. Paul’s. The congregation celebrated the 40th anniversary of my ordination. During these four decades, I have been privileged to serve four congregations.. 
St. Paul - Woodland, Indiana
Zion - Menomonee Falls
Immanuel - Sheboygan
St. Paul’s - Brown Deer

Paul’s words to and about the Thessalonians express how I feel about those I have been privileged to serve. I, too, thank God for the people with whom I have been allowed to share the love of God. 

The focus of a pastor’s life and ministry is found in these well-known words of Jesus:

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

It is all about Jesus and His great love for sinners like you and me!

Beautiful Savior, Lord of the nations, 
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, Praise adoration 
Now and forevermore be thine! Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf


2 comments: