Thursday, June 29, 2017

June 30, 2017 - I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES


Day 181 - Job 19-20 & Acts 9:23-43

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.   My heart faints within me! (Job 19:25-27 ESV)

These confident words of Job are the confident words of all believers in Christ of all time. May you find comfort in your risen Savior and the fact that because Jesus lives, you too shall live.

He lives, all glory to His name!  
He lives, my Jesus, still the same.
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives, 
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
(I Know That My Redeemer Lives, Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, LSB 461 stanza 8)
-
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for rising from the dead and thereby granting me the same confidence Job displayed. May I, like the hymn writer, celebrate this sweet joy for the rest of my life. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment