Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 19, 2017 - ONLY JESUS


Day 170 - Nehemiah 9-11 & Acts 4:1-22

“And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12 ESV)

This verse clearly proclaims the exclusive claims of Christianity. Salvation is found in no one else since only Jesus died in payment for your sins. There is no one else.

All other religious ideas involve man’s attempt to save himself by his own effort. Only Jesus guarantees forgives to anyone who repents and believes in what He accomplished on the cross.

The hymn writer expressed the exclusivity of Jesus this way:

Jesus, Jesus, only Jesus,
Can my heartfelt longing still.
Lo, I pledge myself to Jesus
What He wills alone to will.
For my heart, which He hath filled,
Ever cries, Lord, as Thou wilt.  (The Lutheran Hymnal, #348, stanza 1)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for dying for me on the cross, paying for my sins, and promising me a place with You in eternity. Please use me today to share Your love with others.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment