Monday, June 5, 2017

June 6, 2017 - HOLY SPIRIT EVER DWELLING


Day 157 - 2 Chronicles 20-22 & John 16:1-15

“Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.” (John 16:7-11 ESV)

“Christ comforts the disciples by promising to send them the Helper (the Holy Spirit) who will guide them into a deeper understanding of Christ’s Word. Mistakenly, we sometimes think that Jesus’ physical absence places us at a disadvantage. In fact, Jesus is present with us through the witness of the Spirit, who works among us through the God’s Word and Sacraments.” (Lutheran Study Bible, CPH 2009, page 1814)

Holy Spirit, ever dwelling 
In the holiest realms of light;
Holy Spirit, ever brooding 
O'er a world of gloom and night;
Holy Spirit, ever raising 
Those of earth to thrones on high;
Living, life-imparting Spirit, 
You we praise and magnify. Amen.
(Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, # 650)

Pastor David Paape 

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment