Saturday, January 19, 2019

January 20, 2019 - FORMED BY GOD


Day 20 - (Today’s Bible readings: Ruth 2:17-3:6; Psalm 18:16-30; Acts 22:6-21)

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart."   (Jeremiah 1:5a NIV)

What a perfect reminder for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday!

God formed you in your mother’s womb.

He has known you even before you were conceived.

God has a plan for your life. You have been set apart for God’s purposes.

In the Psalms, David emphasizes the same Biblical truth:

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:13-16 NIV)

1. Jesus loves the little children, 
All the children of the world;
Red and yellow, black and white, 
They are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

2. Jesus loves His precious children, 
All the children of the world;
Born and unborn all alike, 
They are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves His precious children of the world.

3. Jesus loves His special children, 
All the children of the world; 
Doesn’t matter what their age, 
Aptitude He does not gauge.
Jesus loves His special children of the world.

4. Jesus died for all the children, 
All the children of the world;
Young and old, we’re all alike, 
We are precious in His sight.
Jesus died for all the children of the world.

5. Jesus rose for all the children, 
All the children of the world;
Born and unborn, young and old. 
On the cross His love He told;
Now He lives for ALL the children of the world.           
                                                               
Lord of life, may all come to understand that You are the Author of all life.  I thank You for my physical life and for the spiritual life You have blessed me with on the day of my Baptism. Please bless all human life. In Jesus’ saving name.  Amen.

“See” you at the Communion rail this morning.

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment