Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January 31, 2019 - HELP!


Day 28- (Today’s Bible readings: 1 Samuel 8, Psalm 29; Acts 27:13-38)

 “To you, Lord, I call;
    you are my Rock,
    do not turn a deaf ear to me...
Hear my cry for mercy
    as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
    toward your Most Holy Place.” (Psalm 28:1-2)

What good news! David gives us the example of what you can do when you find yourself in great need.

 “To you, Lord, I call;
    you are my Rock,
    do not turn a deaf ear to me.”

When you don’t know which way to turn, turn the Lord. Call our to and ask Him to have mercy on you.

“Hear my cry for mercy
    as I call to you for help.”

Listen to the tenderly invite you to turn to Him in your need:

“Call on me in the day of trouble;
    I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”  (Psalm 50:15)

Lord, have mercy on me, and lead me through times of trial. Even more, have mercy on me, a poor miserable sinner and grant me forgiveness and reconciliation with You. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psals - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment