Sunday, October 15, 2023

Monday, October 16, 2023 - PEACE WHEN THERE IS NO PEACE

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Monday, October 16, 2023 - Day 289  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezekiel 44; Psalm 104:19-36; Hebrews 11:13-28)

PEACE WHEN THERE IS NO PEACE

“Precisely because they have misled my people, saying, ‘Peace,’ when there is no peace...” (Ezekiel 13:10 ESV)

Ezekiel is warning God’s people against false prophets who proclaim peace when there is no peace. 

The truth is precisely the way C.S. Lewis put it: 
“God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.”

Here is another way to look at peace: 
“No Jesus, no peace. Know Jesus, know peace.”

Jesus offers real peace to all who trust in Him:
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” (John 14:27 ESV)

The hymn writer also reminds us that peace is found in Jesus Christ and His love for our sin-broken world

   How wide the love of Christ!
   It knows not class or race
   But holds our one humanity
   Within its broad embrace

   How long the love of Christ!
   Its patience will not cease
   Until this broken world is bound
   In everlasting peace.
   (How Wide the Love of Christ, Lutheran Service Book #535)

Lord Jesus, please fill me with Your everlasting peace that comes from trusting You for forgiveness and everything. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

No comments:

Post a Comment