Sunday, October 22, 2023

Monday, October 23, 2023 - WISDOM COMES FROM...


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Monday, October 23, 2023 - Day 296  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezra 3; Psalm 108; James 1:1-18)

WISDOM COMES FROM...

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” (James 1:5 ESV)

Many people think that they are pretty smart. However, if they are living their lives without God, they are actually foolish. 

James encourages us to ask God for wisdom. And what will He give you? The wisdom He gives leads you to look to Jesus, and Jesus alone, for hope and peace. Godly wisdom is found in putting God first and trusting in His gift of forgiveness and heaven.

The hymn writer reminds us of the wisdom of asking the Lord to keep us close to Him...

1. Lord, take my hand and lead me Upon life's way;
    Direct, protect, and feed me From day to day.
    Without your grace and favor I go astray,
    So take my hand, O Savior, and lead the way.

2. Lord, when the tempest rages, I need not fear;
    For you, the Rock of Ages, Are always near.
    Close by your side abiding, I fear no foe,
    For when your hand is guiding, n peace I go.

3. Lord, when the shadows lengthen And night has come,
    I know that you will strengthen My steps toward home,
    Then nothing can impede me, O blessed Friend!
    So, take my hand and lead me Unto the end.
    (Lord, Take My Hand and Lead Me. Lutheran Service Book, #722)

Heavenly Father, thank You for granting me the wisdom to believe in Jesus as my one and only Savior and Lord. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

No comments:

Post a Comment