Saturday, October 21, 2023

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - THANK THE LORD AND SING HIS PRAISE

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - Day 295  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezra 2; Psalm 107:23-43; Hebrews 13:17-24)

THANK THE LORD AND SING HIS PRAISE

Let the redeemed of the Lord say so. (Psalm 107:2 ESV)

Why are you alive? What does the Lord expect of you? He has called those He has redeemed from sin, death and the devil to say so, to be His witnesses. Here is some more Biblical motivation to share Jesus with others...

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 ESV

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16 ESV

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16 ESV

“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:37-38 

For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say. Luke 12:12 ESV

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9 ESV

Many sing about the Christian’s calling with these words:

Thank the Lord and sing His praise; tell ev'ryone what He has done.
Let all who seek the Lord rejoice and proudly bear His name.  
He recalls His promises and leads His people forth in joy with shouts of thanksgiving.  
Alleluia, alleluia.   
(Divine Service One, Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006)

Lord Jesus, thank You for my salvation. May my life be filled with daily thanksgiving as I tell others of all that You have done. Please lead us forth in Your joy. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion rail this morning!

Pastor David Paape 

No comments:

Post a Comment