Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November 17, 2016 - FOOLS LET ANGER FESTER


Day 322 - Ecclesiastes Thursday (chapters 7-8) 

“Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the heart of fools.” (Ecclesiastes 7:9 ESV)

We have all known people that have a difficult time controlling their anger. You learn to treat them in a cautious manner. How are you doing with anger? 

This is an important question. Uncontrolled anger can have some terrible consequences, such as broken relationships.

Paul urges us to apologize for angry outbursts and seek reconciliation.  

‘Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger.” (Ephesians 4:26) 

The best motivation for controlling our anger comes from remembering that Jesus’ death has assuaged God the Father’s anger over our sins. All who repent and believe in Christ are reconciled to God and are free to share that reconciliation with others.

Heavenly Father, thank You for not being angry with me over my sins. Help me to share Your forgiveness with that person(s) I have been angry with. Just as I celebrate my reconciliation with You, may that person and I soon celebrate our reconciliation. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment