Wednesday, November 23, 2016

November 24, 2016 - WHY THANK GOD?


Day 329 - THANKSGIVING DAY

The answer to this question in found in all that God has done for you.

“I believe that God has made me and all creatures; that He has given me my body and soul, eyes, ears, and all my members, my reason and all my senses, and still preserves them.  Also clothing and shoes, meat and drink, house and home, wife and children, fields, cattle, and all my goods; that He richly and daily provides me with all that I need to support this body and life; That He defends me against all danger, and guards and protects me from all evil; And all this purely out of fatherly, divine goodness and mercy, without any merit or worthiness in me; for all which it is my duty to thank and praise, to serve and obey Him.  This is most certainly true”   (Luther’s explanation to the First Article of the Apostles’ Creed) 

And how do we get to respond to all of these blessings?

Thank the Lord and sing His praise; 
tell ev'ryone what He has done.
Let all who seek the Lord rejoice 
and proudly bear His name.  
He recalls His promises 
and leads His people forth in joy 
with shouts of thanksgiving.  
Alleluia, alleluia. 
(Lutheran Service Book, Concordia Publishing House 2006)

Heavenly Father, thank You showering me with so many earthly blessings. Above all, I thank You for forgiving my sins and saving my soul. In Jesus’ saving name.  Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment