Saturday, September 7, 2019

Sunday, September 8, 2019 - FAITH ALONE


Day 251 - (Today’s Bible readings: Hosea 3; Psalm 68; Romans 3:21-4:12)

"For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law."   (Romans 3:28 ESV) 

Throughout the years, well meaning people have tried to convince me that I have to do something to earn salvation. While it is true that God demands perfect obedience, I am not able to even come close to meeting His Law. I need help!

The heart of Paul’s letter to the Romans is that we repentant sinners are justified 
by God’s grace alone
through faith alone
in Christ alone
You can take great comfort in this soul-saving and undeserved gift of God!

Not the labors of my hands, Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know, Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone; Thou must save, and Thou alone.
(“Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me,Lutheran Service Book, 2006, #761, stanza 2)
.
Thank You, Lord God heavenly Father, for Your gracious plan for my salvation. Please use me to share Your good news that we are saved by faith alone. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

“See” you in church this morning!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment