Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - TEACHING CHILDREN


Day 261 - (Today’s Bible readings: Hosea 13; Psalm 78:1-35; Romans 9:27-10:4)

I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings from of old, things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, but tell the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done. (Psalm 78:2-4 ESV)

If we don’t teach our children to believe in Jesus, the world will teach them not to. Let us not fall down on the job and fail to teach children the things of God. How precious when little ones can sing/pray these word:

1. Let me learn of Jesus, He is kind to me;
Once He died to save me, Nailed upon a tree.

2. When I go to Jesus, He will hear me pray,
Make me pure an holy, Take my sin away.

3. Let me think of Jesus, He is full of love,
Looking down upon me, From His throne above.

4. Oh, how good is Jesus, May He hold my hand
And at last receive me To a better land.
(“Let Me Learn of Jesus,” All God’s People Sing, #156)

Almighty God, please bless children with truth of You love and mercy in sending Jesus to be the Savior of all and any who repent and believe. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment