Monday, November 13, 2017

November 14, 2017 - ENCOURAGEMENT AND WORSHIP


Day 318 - Ezekiel 7-9 & Hebrews 10:24-39

“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:24-25 ESV)

The writer to the Hebrews reminds us that the Day is drawing near. Judgement Day is coming soon. His advice is that we spend our remaining time encouraging, or stirring up one another to love and good works. 

Such love and good works have to flow from a close relationship with God, hence he calls to “not neglect to meet together, as is the habit of some.” When God comes to us in worship, He strengthens our faith and prepares for lives of faithful service.

Almighty God, may I find in the cross of my Savior, Jesus, the motivation to live a life of love and good works, all to Your glory. Please grant me a strong desire to meet with my brothers and sisters in Your house on a weekly basis, so that You can feed my soul with Your precious Word and Sacraments. As You encourage me, may I also encourage others. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment