Thursday, November 2, 2017

November 3, 2017 - WHAT DO PEOPLE HEAR ABOUT YOU?


Day 307 - Jeremiah 36-37 & Philemon

“I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.” (Philemon 1:4-6 ESV) 

What do people hear about you? Paul apparently had heard good things about Philemon. 

If, like Philemon, you have love and faith for Jesus and His people, others will soon hear about it. 

Love is patient and forbearing, 
Clothed in Christ’s humility,
Gentle, selfless, kind, and caring, 
Reaching out in charity.
(Love in Christ Is Strong and Living, Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, # 706 stanza 2)

Heavenly Father, thank You for my salvation. Please help me to share Your love with others so that they may see You in me. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment