Saturday, November 25, 2017

November 26, 2017 - YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD


Day 330- Ezekiel 36-37 & I Peter 3

“You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people and I will be your God.” (Ezekiel 36:28 ESV)

In promising to graciously return His people to their homeland, God assured them of this most important fact, “you shall be my people and I will be your God.” 

Those words are also God’s baptismal promise to you. Just think of it. On the day the Lord came into your life, He made you His precious child, a child of almighty God!

For Israel, God’s promise meant restoration and the return to the promised land. For us, God’s promise means that we sinners have been reconciled to our holy God and that the eternal promised land of heaven is ours.

Here is another way to express God’s promise: Because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, we are gathered around His cross and... You are a precious, blood-bought, baptized, forgiven, heaven-bound, gifted child of God! 

Thank You, heavenly Father, for reconciling me to Yourself through the death of Your Son, Jesus. May my daily life reflect the fact that I am Your child and You are my God. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment