Wednesday, November 22, 2017

November 23, 2014 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING


A HOSPITABLE THANKSGIVING

“Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.” (1 Peter 4:9 ESV)

Today is Thanksgiving Day, a day for turkey, a day for football, and a day for family. Even though Thanksgiving has the potential of being a special day filled with warmth and kindness, for many it can be just the opposite. For a variety of negative reasons (excuses), families endure friction and dysfunction. This is true for individual families as well as the entire family of man.

Peter’s words are fitting encouragement for this day, and everyday. Practice hospitality, the friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers, AND family too. And do it without complaining!

Paul gives us similar encouragement: “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10 ESV)

Heavenly Father, on this Thanksgiving Day, I thank You for my family and all other blessings You have granted to me. Above all, I thank You for Jesus my Savior. Please help me to be hospitable to everyone, so that they will see You in me. Amen.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment