Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 16, 2017 - PEACE WHEN THERE IS NO PEACE


Day 320 - Ezekiel 13-15 & Hebrews 11:20-40

“Precisely because they have misled my people, saying, ‘Peace,’ when there is no peace...” (Hebrews 13:10 ESV)

Ezekiel is warning God’s people against false prophets who proclaim peace when there is no peace. 

The truth is precisely the way C.S. Lewis put it: 
“God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.”

Here is another way to look at peace: 
“No Jesus, no peace. Know Jesus, know peace.”

Jesus offers real peace to all who trust in Him:
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” (John 14:27 ESV)

Lord Jesus, please fill me with Your everlasting peace that comes from trusting You for forgiveness and everything. Amen.

Pastor Dave Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment