Friday, November 24, 2017

November 25, 2017 - LET US EVER WALK WITH JESUS


Day 329- Ezekiel 34-35 & I Peter 2

"For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.”  (1 Peter 2:21 ESV)

1. Let us ever walk with Jesus, 
Follow His example pure,
Through the world that would deceive us  
And to sin our spirits lure.
Onward in His footsteps treading, 
Pilgrims here, our home above,
Full of faith and hope and love, 
Let us do the Father's bidding.
Faithful Lord, with me abide; 
I shall follow where You guide.

2. Let us suffer here with Jesus, 
And with patience bear our cross. 
Joy will follow all our sadness; 
Where He is, there is no loss,
Though today we sow no laughter, 
We shall reap celestial joy;
And discomforts that annoy 
Shall give way to mirth here after.
Jesus, here I share Your woe; 
Help me there Your joy to know.
(Let Us Ever Walk with Jesus, The Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #685)

Holy Spirit, please keep my eyes focused on Jesus so that I can follow in His steps. Heaven Father, please forgive me when I don’t. Lord Jesus, thank You for Your sacrifice that cleanses me from all sin. Amen. 

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment