Saturday, June 9, 2018

June 10, 2018 - WAIT FOR THE LORD


Day 161 - (Today’s Bible readings: Leviticus 23:26-44; Psalm 130; 1 Corinthians 14:1-25)

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
 But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.
 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.
 O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.    (Psalm 130 ESV) 

One thing all people have to deal with at one time or another is being down in the dumps. There can be may causes for feeling forlorn, for being depressed. David put his finger on the most common cause. He knew his sin. He knew he had betrayed almighty God. He knew he was hopeless on his own. Yet, look at the confidence he exudes, even in the middle of his despair:

Let your ears be attentive...to my pleas for mercy!
But with you there is forgiveness...
My soul waits for the Lord... and in his word I hope
With the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.

Fellow sinner, wait for the Lord’s plentiful redemption today as you trust in the Lamb of Calvary for forgiveness and heaven.

My faith looks up to Thee, Thou Lamb of Calvary, Savior divine.
Now hear me while I pray; Take all my guilt away;
Oh, let me from this day Be wholly Thine!
(“My Faith Looks Up to Thee” Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #702, stanza 1)

Lord Jesus, I look to You, and to You alone, for the forgiveness of my sin. I praise You and thank You for taking all of my guilt away when You died in my place on the cross. Thank You for Your steadfast love. Amen. 

“See” you at the Communion rail this morning!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment