Saturday, June 2, 2018

June 3, 2018 - ARE YOU LOOKING UP?


Day 154 - (Today’s Bible readings: Leviticus 19:1-18; Psalm 123; 1 Corinthians 10:1-13)

“I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
 My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.
 He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
 Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.” (Psalm 121:1-4 ESV)

When a person is ill, perhaps hospitalized, and lying in a bed, there is only one direction to look–up. Whenever we find ourselves incapacitated for whatever reason, there is only one direction to look for comfort and deliverance.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” 

Just think. The Creator of everything wants you to turn to Him in your need. He promises to always hear your fervent prayer and to answer you in a way that is best for you.

Almighty God, please hear my prayer as I look up to You for deliverance from the woes of life. Above all, please deliver me from sin, death and the devil, that I may be Your child today, tomorrow and forever.  Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning. 

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment