Sunday, June 24, 2018

June 25, 2018 - BLESSINGS AND GRATITUDE


Day 176 - (Today’s Bible readings: Numbers 4:21-49; Psalm 145; 2 Corinthians 7:2-15 )

“The eyes of all look to you,
    and you give them their food in due season.
You open your hand;
    you satisfy the desire of every living thing.”   (Psalm 145:15-16 ESV) 

These verses are often used as part of meal prayers, meant to remind us from Whom all blessings flow. As you begin this new week, take time to note the blessings you will enjoy. Martin Luther’s explanation to the Apostles’ Creed is a great place to start:

I believe that God has made me and all creatures; that He has given me my body and soul, eyes, ears, and all my members, my reason and all my senses, and still takes care of them. He also gives me clothing and shoes, food and drink, house and home, wife and children, land, animals, and all I have. He richly and daily provides me with all that I need to support this body and life. He defends me against all danger and guards and protects me from all evil. All this He does only out of fatherly, divine goodness and mercy, without any merit or worthiness in me. For all this it is my duty to thank and praise, serve and obey Him. This is most certainly true.

Heavenly Father, thank You for all the blessings of body and soul that You so graciously shower upon me every day. Above all, I thank You for Jesus, my Savior. Please accept my response of thanks, praise, service and obedience. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment