Thursday, April 18, 2019

April 19, 2019 - GOOD FRIDAY WORDS FOR YOU


Day 109 - (Today’s Bible readings: Good Friday Isaiah 53; Psalm 22; Hebrews 4:14-16; 5:7-9; John 19:17-30)

One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:39-43 ESV) 

Today is Good Friday, the day that the greatest victory of all time was won. When Jesus said, “It is finished,” He defeated our worst enemies of sin, death and the devil. 

What does Good Friday mean for you personally? Because died in your place, paying for all of your sins, you will one day receive the same assurance Jesus gave the second criminal, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

Because you believe that Jesus died and rose for you, the best is yet to come. Heaven is yours for sure!

  Jesus, pitying the sighs
  Of the thief, who near you dies,
  Promising him paradise:
  Hear us, holy Jesus.  (LSB 447)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for taking my place on the cross, forgiving my sins, and promising me heaven. Please keep me faithful so that I will be blessed with paradise on my last day. Amen. 

“See” you in church today!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment