Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July 16, 2020 - GOD’S PATH OF LIFE


Day 198 - (Today’s Bible readings: Jeremiah 36; Psalm 16; Acts 21:37-22:5)

GOD’S PATH OF LIFE

“You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psalm 16:11 ESV)

God’s path of life does give us joy and eternal pleasures in His presence. He makes that path plain as John quotes Jesus:

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6 ESV)

Lord, take my hand and lead me Upon life's way;
Direct, protect, and feed me From day to day.
Without your grace and favor I go astray,
So take my hand, O Savior, and lead the way.
(“Lord, Take My Hand and Lead Me,” Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #722 Stanza 1)

Heavenly Father, please keep me on the right path with a deep and abiding faith in Jesus, my Savior. Amen. 

Link to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
https://zoom.us/j/177003912

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am 
both with Holy Communion

IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNFbkeFTQAhiGc7bafdvlPkfwnuiDfTQ9

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment