Thursday, July 23, 2020

July 24, 2020 - THE LORD IS YOUR SHEPHERD


Day 206 - (Today’s Bible readings: Jeremiah 42; Psalm 23; Acts 25:13-27)

THE LORD IS YOUR SHEPHERD

“The Lord is my shepherd...” (Psalm 23:1)

A good shepherd takes good care of his sheep. So does your Good Shepherd, Jesus.

● He gently leads you through each day.
● He blesses you with the peaceful green pastures and still waters of sins forgiven and a conscience free of guilt.
● He blesses you with reconciliation and a restored soul.
● He blesses you with godly confidence as you face the challenges of life, including death.
● He blesses you with the table of His body and blood even as you find yourself surrounded by your mortal enemies of sin, death and the devil.
● He blesses you with healing and with His overflowing provision.
● For the rest of your life He will continually bless you with His overwhelming goodness and mercy as He treats you as His precious little lamb.
● He death and resurrection have made it possible for your Good Shepherd to promise that you will dwell in His heavenly house forever.

How precious to know that because Jesus is your all-powerful Shepherd and Savior, you can sing these words with child-like faith and confidence:

1. I am Jesus' little lamb, Ever glad at heart I am;
For my Shepherd gently guides me, Knows my need and well provides me,
Loves me ev'ry day the same, Even calls me by my name. 

2. Day by day, at home, away, Jesus is my staff and stay. 
When I hunger, Jesus feeds me, Into pleasant pastures leads me;
When I thirst, He bids me go Where the quiet waters flow. 

3. Who so happy as I am, Even now the Shepherd's lamb?
And when my short life is ended, By His angel host attended, 
He shall fold me to His breast, There within His arms to rest.
(“I Am Jesus' Little Lamb,” Lutheran Service Book #740)

Dearest Lord Jesus, my loving Good Shepherd, please keep me close to You for the rest of my life. When I wonder, bring me back. Thank You for Your constant goodness and mercy. Grant me the peace that comes from firmly believing that I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Amen.

Link to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
https://zoom.us/j/177003912

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am 
both with Holy Communion

IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNFbkeFTQAhiGc7bafdvlPkfwnuiDfTQ9

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment