Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 20, 2020 - ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ACCEPTABLE?


Day 202 - (Today’s Bible readings: )

ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ACCEPTABLE? 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be acceptable in your sight,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 ESV) 

Can people see that you are a follower of Jesus by the words you choose to utter? Do you say things that warn, encourage and strengthen others, as well as glorify God? What do you think God thinks of your words? 

And here is a tougher question. Do the things you think about, and perhaps meditate on, glorify God? Remember, He knows everything. What do you think God thinks about what you think about? 

More questions... Would you want God to be at your side when you carry out your daily activities? Does everything you think, do and say match up with His commandments? 

Remember, God gave His commandments to protect you, to guide you, and to show you how much you need your Savior, Jesus. 

1. To You, omniscient Lord of all,
     With grief and shame I humbly call;
     I see my sins against You, Lord,
     The sins of thought, of deed and word.
     They press me sore; to You I flee:
     O God, be merciful to me!

2.  My Lord and God, to You I pray,
     Oh, cast me not in wrath away;
     Let Your good Spirit ne'er depart,
     But let Him draw to You my heart
     That truly penitent I be:
     O God, be merciful to me!

3.  O Jesus, let Your precious blood
     Be to my soul a cleansing flood.
     Turn not, O Lord, Your guest away,
     But grant that justified I may
     Go to my house, at peace to be:
     O God, be merciful to me!
("To You, Omniscient Lord of All," Lutheran Worship #234)

Lord Jesus, thank You for being my Rock and my Redeemer. May the Holy Spirit guide and direct my speaking, my thinking and my doing, so that I may glorify You and point others to You with every waking moment of my life. And please have mercy on me and forgive me when I fail You in any way. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Link to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
https://zoom.us/j/177003912

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am 
both with Holy Communion

IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNFbkeFTQAhiGc7bafdvlPkfwnuiDfTQ9

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment