Saturday, July 18, 2020

July 19, 2020 - FACING LIFE WITH THE LORD


Day 201 - (Today’s Bible readings: Jeremiah 38:7-28; Psalm 18:31-50; Acts 22:30-23:11)

FACING LIFE WITH THE LORD

“Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength.” (Habakkuk 3:18-191 ESV)

The prophet Habakkuk began his book with a complaint and ends with confidence in the Lord. His joy comes from knowing that God promises eternal salvation. And this joy produces strength to face today.

The Psalmist put it this way: “But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.” (Psalm 59:16)

May the Lord bless you with His strength as you face the storms of life!

“Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength.” Amen.

Link to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
https://zoom.us/j/177003912

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am 
both with Holy Communion

IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNFbkeFTQAhiGc7bafdvlPkfwnuiDfTQ9

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment