Sunday, December 11, 2022

Monday, December 12, 2022 - TRUST GOD IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Day 346 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 10:5-19; Psalm 134; 2 Corinthians 2:12-17)

TRUST GOD IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS 

“Woe to the bloody city, all full of lies and plunder.”  (Nahum 3:18)

Those living under tyrants often wonder where God is. Does He still care about us? Is He still with us? Will the chaos ever end? Will He ever bring it to an end?

“For Ninevah, God’s patience came to an end. The evil nation of Assyria that had tyrannized surrounding peoples, acquiring wealth and power at their expense, was overthrown, and it disappeared from the annals of history. God’s wrath is revealed against all unrighteousness.”  (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 1503)

This is good news for us living in this chaotic, upside-down world! Since we daily turn against God in our own lives, we deserve nothing but hell. Yet God has loved us much that He sent His only Son down to bring peace and forgiveness to the chaos of life without Him. The following Christmas hymn says it so well:

The People That in Darkness Sat   LSB 412

1. The people that in darkness sat A glorious light have seen;
The light has shined on them who long
In shades of death have been,
In shades of death have been.

2. To hail Thee, Sun of Righteousness,
The gath'ring nations come;
They joy as when the reapers bear
Their harvest treasures home,
Their harvest treasures home.

3. To us a Child of hope is born,
To us a Son is giv'n,
And on His shoulder ever rests
All pow'r in earth and heav'n,
All pow'r in earth and heav'n.

4. His name shall be the Prince of Peace,
The Everlasting Lord,
The Wonderful, the Counselor.
The God by all adored,
The God by all adored.

5. His righteous government and pow'r
Shall over all extend;
On judgment and on justice based,
His reign shall have no end,
His reign shall have no end.

6. Lord Jesus, reign in us, we pray,
And make us Thine alone,
Who with the Father ever art
And Holy Spirit, one,
And Holy Spirit, one.

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Jesus to calm the chaos in my life and in my soul.  Thank You so much for sending Jesus to pay for my sins and secure my place in heaven with You. Please continue to reign in Your people and make us Thine alone. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment