Saturday, December 17, 2022

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - Day 352 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 14:24-15:9; Psalm 139; 2 Corinthians 7:2-16)

FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE
“For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.”   (Psalm 139:13-16 ESV) 

Life, what a precious gift from God! 

EVERY life, what a precious gift from God!

How precious? So precious that God the Father, the One who created life, sent His only begotten Son to redeem all who repent of their sins and believe their Savior.

1. God’s own child, I gladly say it: I am baptized into Christ!
    He, because I could not pay it, gave my full redemption price.
    Do I need earth’s treasures many?  I have one worth more than any
    That brought me salvation free, Lasting to eternity!

2. Sin, disturb my soul no longer: I am baptized into Christ!
    I have comfort even stronger: Jesus’ cleansing sacrifice.
    Should a guilty conscience seize me, since my baptism did release me
    In a dear forgiving flood, sprinkling me with Jesus’ blood?

3. Satan, hear this proclamation: I am baptized into Christ!
    Drop your ugly accusation; I am not so soon enticed.
    Now that to the font I’ve traveled, all your might has come unraveled,
    And, against your tyranny, God, my Lord, unites with me!

4. Death, you cannot end my gladness: I am baptized into Christ!
    When I die, I leave all sadness to inherit paradise!
    Though I lie in dust and ashes faith’s assurance brightly flashes:
    Baptism has the strength divine to make life immortal mine.

5.  There is nothing worth comparing to this lifelong comfort sure!
    Open-eyed my grave is staring: Even there I’ll sleep secure.
    Though my flesh awaits its raising, still my soul continues praising:
    I am baptized into Christ; I’m a child of paradise!
   (God’s Own Child, I Gladly Say It, Lutheran Service Book #594)

Heavenly Father, thank You loving me and for giving me life. Please continue to bless me, body and soul. And use me to defend the lives of others, including the unborn. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

“See” you at the Communion rail this morning!

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment