Monday, December 12, 2022

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - THE SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Day 347 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 10:20-11:9; Psalm 135:1-12; 2 Corinthians 3:1-18)

THE SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS 

“For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble...  But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.”  (Malachi 4:1-2 ESV)
Judgement Day is coming. At the end of that day, arrogant unbelievers will discover the error of their foolish rejection of Jesus, while believers will rise to the eternal sunshine of heaven.
Which are you, an unbeliever or a believer?

There is good news for anyone who is still alive. 

There is hope: Jesus, “the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings.” His priceless gift to sinners like you and me is forgiveness and the promise of heaven. 

  “The blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)

There is comfort: “And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20)

So we sing with great joy...

  Hail the heavenly Prince of Peace!  
  Hail, the Sun of Righteousness!
  Light and life to all He brings, 
  Risen with healing in His wings.
  Mild he leaves His throne on high, 
  Born that man no more may die;
  Born to raise the sons of earth; 
  Born to give them second birth.
  Hark! the herald angels sing, 
  "Glory to the newborn King!"
  (“Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,” Lutheran Service Book #380 -3)

Lord Jesus, Sun of righteousness, thank You for coming to me with healing in Your wings, healing for my body and my soul. Please bless my Advent preparations for the proper celebration of Your nativity. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment