Friday, December 23, 2022

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - GOD WITH US


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - Day 358 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 7:10-14; Psalm 110:1-4; 1 John 4:7-16; Matthew 1:18-25)
GOD WITH US

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (which means, God with us). 

Tonight we will once again experience that silent and holy night when a son was born to a virgin named Mary. What made that night so special is that His name prophesied hundreds of years earlier is fulfilled. On that holy night God came to be with us. This is the point of Christmas. And because Jesus came to be with us, to live a holy life without even one sin, and then to die innocently in our place, we who believe in Him, are forgiven and guaranteed heaven.

   Christ, by highest heav'n adored, 
   Christ, the everlasting Lord.
   Late in time behold Him come, 
   Offspring of a virgin's womb.
   Veiled in flesh the Godhead see,  
   Hail the incarnate Deity! 
   Please as Man with man to dwell; 
   Jesus, our Immanuel!
   Hark! the herald angels sing, 
   "Glory to the newborn King!" 

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Jesus that first Christmas Eve. Bless my worship of Him tonight. Help me to never forget that Christ, my Savior, is born. Amen.

Pastor David Paape


No comments:

Post a Comment