Friday, January 31, 2020

February 1, 2020 - EVEN THOUGH MY HAIR IS WHITE...


Day 32 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 46:1-13; Psalm 30; John 12:44-50)

EVEN THOUGH MY HAIR IS WHITE... 

Even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save. (Isaiah 46:4 ESV)

The beloved song, “Jesus Loves Me,“ has a version that ties into our verse for today in a most engaging manner.

Jesus loves me, this I know,
Though my hair is white as snow.
Though my sight is growing dim,
Still He bids me trust in Him.
(CHORUS)
YES, JESUS LOVES ME 
YES, JESUS LOVES ME
YES, JESUS LOVES ME
THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO

Though my steps are oh, so slow,
With my hand in His I'll go
On through life, let come what may,
He'll be there to lead the way. (CHORUS)

Though I am no longer young,
I have much which He's begun.
Let me serve Christ with a smile,
Go with others the extra mile. (CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long,
In my heart He puts a song.
Telling me in words so clear,
"Have no fear, for I am near." (CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done,
And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above,
Then I'll understand His love. (CHORUS)

I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,
That I love Him every day. (CHORUS)

Lord Jesus, thank You for being with me as I age. Please grant me Your peace and joy as I remember “yes Jesus loves,” which means THE BEST IS YET TO COME.  Amen.

"See" you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment