Saturday, January 11, 2020

January 12, 2020 - TAKE COMFORT, GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING


Day 12 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 32:1-20; Psalm 11; John 6:22-40)

TAKE COMFORT, GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING

“The Lord is in his holy temple;
    the Lord is on his heavenly throne.
He observes everyone on earth;
    his eyes examine them.” (Psalm 11:4 NIV)

God is omniscient, He knows everything. He knows you. This is both good news and bad news. 

This is bad news for those who want to hide from God. How foolish! God does know everything, so why think that God won’t know of your sins

This is good news for believers because this means that God knows exactly what is going on in our lives, and what is best for you.

It is because God knew that we all would need a way out from our sins, that He sent Jesus to be our Savior and Redeemer.

What is most amazing is that even though God knows just how much we have each sinned against Him, yet He loves us with any everlasting love. This is nothing less than God’s amazing grace!

1. To You, omniscient Lord of all,
With grief and shame I humbly call;
I see my sins against You, Lord,
The sins of thought, of deed and word.
They press me sore; to You I flee:
O God, be merciful to me!

2. My Lord and God, to You I pray,
Oh, cast me not in wrath away;
Let Your good Spirit ne'er depart,
But let Him draw to You my heart
That truly penitent I be:
O God, be merciful to me!

3. O Jesus, let Your precious blood
Be to my soul a cleansing flood.
Turn not, O Lord, Your guest away,
But grant that justified I may
Go to my house, at peace to be:
O God, be merciful to me!
("To You, Omniscient Lord of All," Lutheran Worship #234)

Almighty and omniscient God, thank You for knowing what is best for me. May I take comfort in Your mercy and grace. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion rail this morning!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment