Friday, January 24, 2020

January 25, 2020 - GOD HAS ANSWERED


Day 25 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 41:14-29; Psalm 23; John 10:22-42)

GOD HAS ANSWERED 

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? 2 O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest... 16 For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet— 17 I can count all my bones— they stare and gloat over me; 18 they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots. 19 But you, O Lord, do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid... 22 I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you. (Psalm 22:1-22 ESV) 

“Facing great opposition, the psalmist initially feels that God has forsaken him and is ignoring his prayers. After remembering God’s faithfulness and deliverance, he believes God will deliver him, and commits himself to telling that message to others. We, too, may feel alone and forsaken by God. Today we deserve to be forsaken by God because of our sinfulness. But, as the psalmist foretells, God Himself came to be our Redeemer. While many human beings have shared these feelings, the psalm finds its greatest fulfillment in Jesus Christ... He was truly forsaken by His Father and died alone so that we could be reconciled to our God. We are never alone because our crucified, resurrected Savior is with us.” (Lutheran Study Bible, CPH 2009, page 865) 

Heavenly Father, thank You for answering my prayer for deliverance by sending Jesus to experience the forsakenness of hell in my stead. Help me to remember this at those times when I feel all alone. Grant me the comfort of knowing that You will never leave me nor forsake me . Amen. 

 “See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment