Sunday, January 26, 2020

January 27, 2020 - LORD - TEACH, GUIDE AND BLESS


Day 27 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 42:10-25; Psalm 25; John 11:28-44)

LORD - TEACH, GUIDE AND BLESS

“Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long.” (Psalm 25:4-5 ESV) 

“David prays, ‘For You I wait all the day long.’ God promises to answer prayer, but we may be impatient or tempted to question His answers.  Even when our faithfulness fails, God is faithful.  He hears our prayers and truly acts for our good.  In faith, we patiently wait for Him.”  (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 867) 

I don’t know about you, but I have a hard time being patient. Impatience led to many a model that I was putting together as a boy being done improperly. The proof of my lack of patience were the left over pieces intended to be included in the car, plane or ship I has just glued together.

David’s request is that the Lord would teach him His ways, emphasizing the Lord’s truth. This really does make sense since God wants only His best for us. David indicated that he knew this truth when he wrote: “for you are the God of my salvation.” This is the ultimate reason that we can patiently wait for the Lord to make His plans for life on this earth known to us. 

Since the Lord has taken care of our salvation by means of Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection, we can certainly trust Him to teach us, guide us and bless us today!

Click for Lead Me, Guide Me video: https://search.aol.com/aol/video;_ylt=A2KLfS1TVC5eb6EAF7RpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTB0N2Noc21lBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNwaXZz?q=lead+me%2C+GUIDE+ME+lsb&s_it=searchtabs&v_t=loki-tb-sb#id=8&vid=dc131902d5c5de5fb260afb56aee6f09&action=view

God of my salvation, open my eyes to Your path and Your truth. Please grant me the patience to wait for You and the faith to believe Your promises as you teach me, guide me and bless me today. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment