Thursday, March 21, 2024

Friday, March 22, 2024 - PLEASED WITH JESUS


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Friday, March 22, 2024 - Day 82 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Joshua 9,10; Luke 3)

PLEASED WITH JESUS

Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”  (Luke 3:21-22 ESV)

God the Father speaks at the Baptism of His Son. 

“You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”  

The Father was pleased with Jesus that day, and He was pleased with His Son when He spread out His arms on the cross and fulfilled the Father’s plan for the salvation of the world!

Hear all about the Father’s great plan for your salvation when you read your Bible today and when you attend church next weekend. When you are reminded again of all that Jesus has done for you, you, too, will be pleased with Him.

   1. Of the Father's love begotten
Ere the worlds began to be,
He is Alpha and Omega,
He the source, the ending He,
Of the things that are, that have been,
And that future years shall see
Evermore and evermore.

   3. This is He whom seers in old time
Chanted of with one accord,
Whom the voices of the prophets
Promised in their faithful word.
Now He shines, the long-expected;
Let creation praise its Lord
Evermore and evermore.
(“Of the Father’s Love Begotten,” LSB 384)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for pleasing Your Father by following His amazing plan for the salvation of the world. Thank You for forgiving me and for preparing my place in heaven for me. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite Christmas hymns πŸ’žπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ™πŸΌπŸŽš

    ReplyDelete